7 Lowcountry Spring Festivals You Don’t Want to Miss
It’s a great time to get outside and enjoy all that the Lowcountry has to offer. From music to art and from local cuisine to kids activities, your whole family will have fun at these spring festivals.
1 . Harbour Town Spring Fest, March 24th, 11:00am – 6:00pm, Sea Pines, Hilton Head Island, S.C. This fun day at Harbour Town includes a sidewalk sale offering great deals; music; a variety of watersports, tours, and boats; classic cars; dining; and children’s activities.
2. Savannah Music Festival, March 28th – April 13th, Savannah, Ga. Experience Georgia’s largest musical arts event and one of the most distinctive cross-genre music festivals in the world.
3. Port Royal Soft Shell Crab Festival, April 20th, 11:00am – 5:00pm, Port Royal, S.C. Local chefs will be serving your favorite soft shell crab dishes as well as a variety of other festival foods. Your family will also enjoy the Classic Car Show and a Kids Zone, featuring rides for a variety of ages, face painting, and balloon animals by local favorite Tux the Clown.
4. SCAD Sidewalk Arts Festival, April 27th, 10:00am – 4:00pm, Forsyth Park, Savannah, Ga. Bring your family and take in the magnificent chalk masterpieces on the sidewalks of Forsyth Park created by SCAD students, alumni, and high school students.
5. 41st Annual Mayfest, May 11th, 10:00am – 5:00pm, Calhoun St., Bluffton, S.C. Enjoy great food, arts and crafts, games, and music. Come hungry and participate in the Pie Eating Contest or watch your kids have their fill at the Doughnut Eating Contest. Your dog can even have fun at the 26th Ugly Dog Competition.
6. Original Gullah Festival, May 24th – 26th, Waterfront Park, Beaufort, S.C. There is something for everyone at this fun family festival: dancing, music, arts and crafts, and a food court with local cuisine and traditional Gullah favorites.
7. Hilton Head Art Festival, May 25th – 26th, 10:00am – 5:00pm. Shelter Cove Harbour & Marina, Hilton Head Island, S.C. Check out the handcrafted works of more than 400 North American craftsmen and experience fine art, great food, music, and shopping.
Looking for more fun (and free!) events for the whole family?
There is always something happening at LowCountry Community Church. Take a look at LCC's events in Bluffton, South Carolina, and around the world.