Filing a Complaint
We are to work out what God works in. Are you a victim or a victor? Do you whine a lot, or do you shine for Jesus? Are you humble or do you grumble? God speaks in whispers, so get close enough so you can hear Him.
PHILIPPIANS 2:12-18 (NASB)
12 So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling; 13 for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for Hisgood pleasure.
14 Do all things without grumbling or disputing; 15 so that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you appear as lights in the world, 16 holding fast the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I will have reason to glory because I did not run in vain nor toil in vain. 17 But even if I am being poured out as a drink offering upon the sacrifice and service of your faith, I rejoice and share my joy with you all. 18 You too, I urge you, rejoice in the same way and share your joy with me.
EXODUS 20:20 (NASB)
20 Moses said to the people, “Do not be afraid; for God has come in order to test you, and in order that the fear of Him may remain with you, so that you may not sin.”
MATTHEW 5:14-16 (NASB)
14 “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; 15 nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. 16 Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.
1. Pastor Jeff spoke about integrity, what does this look like in your life? Are there areas where you can improve?
2. In the message, Pastor Jeff described 3 different kinds of complaining, what are they and where do you find yourself? It may be possible to fluctuate between them.
3. The opposite of complaint would be compliment. With every breath we take , we have a plethora of choices to display Christ. What would be some ways you could choose to compliment a situation instead of complaining?
4. Work out you salvation ~ We must live out what we know to be true; just like working out at the gym, builds muscles, so to working out our salvation will strengthen our "faith muscles". What are some ways you work out you salvation with fear and trembling?
5. God is always at work within every believer. When we live each day fully grasping this, our day, no matter what we face can be lived with courage. How would living this verse effect your current situation, knowing that God is at work?
6. In verse 14, we are urged to do all things without grumbling or complaining. By complaining we can actually bring more stress to the situation. There is scientific proof that when you are in the company of a complainer, it effects your brain, rewiring it. Complaining actually causes the hippocampus to shrink, cortisol levels to rise and blood pressure to increase. How can we choose to change our tendency to complain? Give realistic choices and hold yourself accountable to someone, if necessary.
7. Later in verse 14, we are told that we are lights in the world, God chose us to display us to this dark world with the beautifully order and harmonious community He delights in. What are some ways you can shine brighter for Christ in your community, at work, in your marriage, in your family?
Ask that the truth of God’s word will make its way into your heart and mind today. Pray that God meet you this week, and let Him pin His Word on you. Hear him say…
Do everything readily and cheerfully—
no bickering, no second-guessing God allowed!
Go out into the world uncorrupted, a breath of
fresh air in this squalid and polluted society.
Provide people with a glimpse of good living and of the living God.
Carry the light-giving Message into the dark night of our culture.
And do it with joy providing the wind to your sail.
Everything that happens at LCC is because of your generous gifts. When you give to God through LCC, you're helping reach thousands with the Gospel each week, and making a difference for the lowcountry and around the world.